The average attention span of a normal human being is 8 seconds. That’s it.
You have 8 seconds for them to see you on Google, come to your landing page, and find the product they need on your website – or they’re gone.
Now you might have hundreds of products on your WooCommerce store, but if the customers can’t find the one that fits their requirements quickly, they might as well not exist.
So how do you ensure that you have a lightning-fast search to get that conversion?
By using a powerful WooCommerce search plugin of course!
1. AJAX Search PRO
AjaxSearchPro is one of the best live search plugins and has amazing features to enhance your visitor’s searching experience.
It improves user experience as it can filter the results, includes keyword suggestion and google autocomplete.
One of the best reasons why you should go with Ajax Search Pro is that you will see how the search bar now looks better and more efficient like a default search engine.
Best Features of AJAX Search PRO
- Search results come with images and animations making them more presentable
- Search for posts, pages, custom fields like WooCommerce products, and more
- Search for PDFs, their contents including title, meta title, data, tags, and other documents
- Shortcodes and widgets are available
- Search images in the search results
- Highly responsive
- 8+ themes available for complete customization
- Visual Composer supported
- Integration with Google Analytics
Note: In the event of any issue, compatibility options provide you a quick fix interface.
Relevanssi is a great WooCommerce search plugin with some great features that make the product search easy. Quite easy to configure, Relevanssi is available in both free and paid versions.
Best Features of Relevanssi Search plugin:
- Displays more relevant search results rather than by date
- Translation ready
- Fuzzy matches with partial words if exact words are not found
- Allows use of long search phrases
- Search for custom fields, tags, and even comments
- Displays the search term along with the search results
- Highlights the searched term when searched terms are clicked by the user
Note: It is compatible with bbPress and supports WPML and Polylang.
However, note that Relevanssi is best for products less than 10,000. For anything more than that, we recommend that you go with another WooCommerce search plugin.
3. Search WP
SearchWP is a premium plugin that can be installed with a single line of code. It integrates seamlessly with e-commerce plugins like WooCommerce, BigCommerce, and more.
The best feature of the plugin is that it makes use of your default form templates and displays results, which ensures that branding remains consistent across the website.
Best features of SearchWP:
- Search the content of PDFs, eCommerce products, and other documents
- Insights about what the reader is looking for and if they have found it
- User-friendly interface which allows the visitor to search through everything on the website
- Keyword stemming to display all relevant results
- Search algorithm can be customized
- Allows search for listing metadata
- Ensures easy and effective searching
- Implements powerful research through utilizing the forums on bB integration
Relevanssi and SearchWP are two very popular options for search plugins, but as their feature sets are quite similar, it can be difficult to choose one. You can try comparing the two, to see which suits you better.
4. Advanced WooSearch
Advanced WooSearch is a powerful plugin with features designed to make searching for products easier as soon as you type the keyword. The search is fast too.
Best Features of Advanced WooSearch:
- Search results display the price as well as product image along with title, SKU, product ID
- Place it anywhere you want using a shortcode and widget
- Compatible with WPML, Polylang, WooCommerce Multilingual, and other language plugins for global reach
- Enables search by using many field options like content, product title, tags, etc.
- You can integrate this plugin with your current template
- Supports Google Analytics
- Filters allow visitors to switch between the tabs for better search results
- Displays stock options where you can choose the status of the stock and its visibility to the user
- Translation ready
5. Smart WooCommerce Search
Smart Woocommerce Search is an easy-to-use plugin that is great for searching WooCommerce-based websites with a lot of products.
When the visitor enters a single keyword, this search plugin browses all the categories at once and displays the best possible result.
Best Features of Smart WooCommerce Search:
- Customize by selecting the fields you want to be displayed
- One-click integration into the default WooCommerce search
- Displays search results with images and product prices.
- Create your Smart Search widget using a short code [smart_search id= “1”]
- Lots of options for customization of appearance; select what fields to choose and change style accordingly
- Easy to select the fields for search
Note: You can place it anywhere on the site after configuring it once.
6. Predictive Search for WooCommerce
Predictive Search for WooCommerce is a plugin with great features that include getting immediate results the moment you start typing, in the form of a dropdown list with product details.
This dropdown list shows thumbnails, product title, and the product description.
Best features of Predictive Search for WooCommerce:
- Very accurate search results (mostly 100%) all the time.
- High search speed and that too on sites with thousands of products.
- The results are seen in a dropdown list the moment you start typing.
- You can add the predictive search box to any area of your site using the predictive search widget.
- You can search using a product name, page name, or post name.
Note: It is compatible with the WordPress Multilingual plugin.
7. Reactive Search PRO
Reactive Search Pro provides a great high-speed searching experience with many search options than most plugins.
It makes the product search easy through its various search attributes such as drag-and-drop search page builder, map search, home page banner search, top bar page search, category search, metasearch, post search, location search, post-type search, user search, media search, buddy press user search, comment search, review search, and many more.
With this extensive ability to search under anything on the website, Reactive Search is a good choice of a search plugin.
Advanced features of Reactive Search Pro:
- Drag and drop builder for quick and painless customization
- Map Autocomplete feature
- Easy to manage and no difficulty in configuration
- In-built geo-box and location search
Note: It is compatible with Grid Builder, WPML, and WooCommerce.
8. Ivory Search
Ivory Search is a fantastic plugin that is very simple to use despite its advanced features.
It lets you create custom search forms and configure them to your WordPress installation individually in order to perform different types of searches on the content of the website.
You can change the color, font, and style of the search forms.
Best Features of Ivory Search for WooCommerce
- Search options include excerpts, content, taxonomy terms, custom fields, etc.
- Search through files, images, and other attachments
- Option to exclude certain items from your search
- Displays search forms on the site
- The custom search form can be shown in any part of your site, like the sidebar, header, or footer
- Create as many search forms as you want
- Multilingual search support
9. Swiftype Site Search for WooCommerce
Swiftype Site Search is a customized and polished plugin that offers a safe and secure search and requires no coding or programming. It allows deep search along with the customization of tools to enhance the user experience.
Best Features of Swiftype Site Search:
- Automatic updates feature that synchronizes any time you make changes in the content
- Cloud storage ensures fast search results
- Multi-language support (13 languages)
- Provides useful customer insights
- Dashboard is intuitive making customized search easy
- Typo tolerance, phrase matching, and more
- Does not need any programming to make it work
10. Site Search 360
Site Search 360 is a fantastic mobile-ready plugin that enables accurate and fast searching.
It is highly customizable, which makes it insanely famous. Site Search 360 also gives search insights which help you in improving the content.
Best Features of Site Search 360 include:
- Automatic update of search result after any change in content like addition or deletion
- Provides quick search with suggestions
- Clusters all the results together as a group
- Highly customizable
- Provides useful insights about your visitors
- Quick autocomplete feature with suggestions, when searching
Note: It has great mobile compatibility, which gives viewers a great searching experience, no matter what screen is used. If your visitors are mobile using customers, then Site Search 360 is a good option to choose.
11. ACF Better Search
ACF Better Search will make your search easier, more precise, and relatively simpler than most other plugins.
With no need for additional coding, you can quickly install this plugin which searches the content through its advanced custom fields. To make the search more accurate, one can start using phrases or keywords instead of using long sentences.
Best Features of ACF Better Search:
- More options for searching such as by text, URL, email, and many more field types
- Effortless to use, including a Lite mode that helps to search more quickly
- Whole phrases supported in the search field
- Enables the use of the default search engine in WordPress.
- Easy to understand
Note: You need to set up and activate Advanced customs fields in WordPress to use it.
12. Better Search for WooCommerce
The Better Search plugin gives very accurate and quick search results about the title and content.
It can be customized to fit with your theme. This enhances the user search experience and as a result, they are likely to find content faster and better compared to the other plugins.
Best Features of Better Search for WooCommerce:
- Search results based on relevance
- Fine-tune your content to enhance the search result
- Track searches and display “search heatmap” for the highest searched keyword
- Cache storage to speed up results display
- Highly customizable; place the search terms anywhere on your site
- Stop words are automatically filtered out of the search results
The above plugin options all have some great features, but it is up to you to see what fits your needs the most.
Analyze your requirements and then select the search plugin that you think is most suitable for your WooCommerce website. Don’t forget to let us know which one you’re going for!
Disclosure: Some of the links in this blog post might be affiliate links. When you purchase through a link on our website, we receive a small commission, at no added cost to you, which helps us run Epitrove and keep producing great content. This does not influence our recommendations; we only recommend products we work with or love. Thank you for your support!