TranslatePress is a front-end translation plugin that lets you translate your content with a highly intuitive visual editor. The plugin is compatible with all the leading page builders and offers complete editorial control over your website’s secondary languages.
The learning curve is extremely smooth and TranslatePress does not need any extra add-ons to get started.
Free e-commerce integration
Seamless integration with WooCommerce, without having to buy a separate add-on
Front-end interface makes translation simpler
The visual editor designed to look like the frontend helps visualize all the changes you make while translating the page.
Quick and easy plugin setup
TranslatePress has a fairly straightforward setup system which makes it easy to configure and start using the plugin.
Customizable language switcher
The on-page language switcher is highly customizable and can be used by visitors to switch languages
SEO for multilingual pages is available only for Premium plans
SEO support for slugs, on-page content, metadata, etc. is not available in the core, free plugin. It has to be purchased as an add-on.
Free plan has limited features
The free version allows for translation into just 1 secondary language.
The plugin is quite impressive, I especially like the workflow. However, I did have a small issue wherein if I change something in the default text, the newly translated text goes away.
I found TranslatePress to be the most cost-effective option. It is also fast and easy to use. I had a small issue with the displayed titled, but the support team helped me solve it quickly.
- Translates complete pages in one go, including forms, page builder content, and output from shortcodes
- Supports dynamic strings added by WordPress
- Translation blocks allow for simultaneous translation of multiple strings
- Integration with Google Translate and DeepL lets you get a first translated draft to start working
- 221+ languages supported
- Complete editorial control lets you publish the content once it is all done
- Image translation enabled
- SEO support for translated pages
- Translator accounts allow translators to work without logging in to the website backend
- ‘Browse As’ feature lets you see the website as your visitors would see it
- Automatically detects the user’s language based on their IP address
- Translated content is retained even after license expires