Polylang helps you effortlessly translate your WordPress website and turn it into a multilingual website. It is a performance-optimized plugin that uses WordPress taxonomies and doesn’t need a lot of memory. It is also SEO-friendly.
Polylang comes with a list of 90+ predefined languages and you can add more if you need to. You can translate pages, posts, categories, post tags, media and create menus in all the languages and also translate plugin and theme content.
Easy to use
Polylang is very easy to set up and the interface is quite user-friendly
The language switcher is useful and convenient
The language switcher is a great feature. It’s a convenient way for users to change languages.
String Translation for translating plugin and theme content
Polylang’s string translation feature translates the plugin and theme content for your website as well
Translated URL slugs, menus and widgets too
It not only translates post and page content, it also takes care of menus, widgets, custom post types as well as menu
WooCommerce integration requires a separate paid add-on
With Polylang if you want to translate your WooCommerce shop page you need to get a separate add-on plugin called Polylang for WooCommerce that cost $99
It’s really easy to manage all the languages at once with Polylang. With the free version, the translations are a little out of place sometimes but overall I am satisfied with the plugin
The plugin works great although I did need a tutorial to walk me through it. But once I got it figured out, it was really easy to use and manage my website. Would recommend!
- Translate pages, posts, categories, post tags
- Translate custom post types, custom taxonomies, widgets as well as navigation menus
- Add a language switcher to your website menu so users can easily see the desired translation
- String translations can be used for plugin, theme content as well as site title, tagline, or widget
- Duplicate post content across the languages you have chosen
- Translate URL slugs
- Takes care of multilingual SEO with html hreflang tags and opengraph tags