The idea of doing business online was a game-changer. However, this idea wasn’t free from the traditional headaches of storage, inventory, logistics, vendors, etc., etc., which required high investments and where the risk of losses could’ve ended several dreams.
Fortunately, the introduction of the dropshipping business model in the e-commerce space has allowed people to increase the lifetime value of their customers, reduce cost, and access virtually unlimited inventory.
How? Let’s understand the Dropshipping business model and then see how you can setup a dropshipping website with WooCommerce.
How Does Dropshipping Work?
Say you want to set up an online store to sell T-shirts. But, you don’t have the resources like a warehouse, inventory, transport, or logistics support, etc. which are essential to run an online store. Setting up all of this is going to take a huge capital investment.
So, in order to eliminate these hassles, you get into an agreement with a third-party who will handle all of this for you.
Now, if a customer places an order for a t-shirt on your website, you charge a price(retail price), then this order will be forwarded to your wholesaler/supplier/vendor(you pay the wholesale price)
and your supplier will ship the T-shirt directly to the customer.
All you have to do is accept orders from the customers and use certain plugins to support your e-commerce store.
That’s the way dropshipping works!
Pretty simple, right?
Now, I’m sure you’re still thinking, is dropshipping 100% right for me?
Well, if you’re a new e-commerce player, dropshipping is good because you can kickstart your e-commerce business without any inventory or stock. Plus, delivery charges are included in your price.
If you are an existing e-commerce entrepreneur, you can decide based on your profit margins.
The profit margins really depend on the kind of products you sell. It’s advisable to stick to a low price with a high margin potential. Usually, products with a price range within $1-$20 can be charged from $20-$50 or more. Many successful dropshipping websites have proved that such profit margins are optimal.
So, now that we have the grounds clear, let’s begin with our main subject – what are the plugins you need to set up your dropshipping website with WooCommerce.
10 WooCommerce Plugins you need to Boost a Dropshipping website
1. DropshipMe – Connect AliExpress with WooCommerce
DropshipMe is a WordPress Dropshipping plugin, fully compatible with WooCommerce. This plugin allows you to integrate your WooCommerce store with AliExpress(supplier).
This is a free plugin and the best part is that you don’t have to spend time doing product research on AliExpress as DropshipMe comes with a list of thousands of top-selling dropshipping products which have been picked and edited manually.
- Easily import best selling products into your dropshipping store
- Curation allows you to choose from over 50,000 handpicked products
- Professionally edited titles and images enable perfectly optimized product pages
- Import Product ratings and reviews to increase sales
- Trusted and reliable supplier
- High speed of work
You can import 50 products from the free version of DropshipMe. However, as your needs increase and wish to scale the number of products in your catalog, you can do so by accessing their paid plans.
2. Beeketing – A marketing solution for website promotion
The beauty of dropshipping is that you don’t have to waste your energy over inventory or stock. So, why not use that energy over promotions and sales of your website?
Beeketing for WooCommerce is a plugin that provides all-in-one marketing solutions for your e-commerce store. It tracks your customers’ behavior and examines their interest in your store, which helps in increasing sales and revenue.
With this WooCommerce plugin, you can add more than 10 different extensions to your store.
- Create urgency by adding sales countdown clock and low-stock indicator on product pages
- Build social proof by displaying the number of people who have viewed and bought your products
- Create a sense of busy store by adding a recent order pop up notification tab at the corner of your site
- Encourage new visitors to make the first purchase by displaying a Coupon pop up.
- Add a buy now button, enhance product images with the on-mobile web version.
- Upsell & Cross-sell related products
- Influencing made simple by displaying Best sellers, Recently viewed, etc.
- Prevent customers from leaving by showing offer at exit intent
- Chat & follow up with customers while they browse through your site.
Beeketing for WooCommerce is a plugin that will save you time and money. Adding this plugin to your WooCommerce store will help in setting up a full-fledged online store. You should check it out.
3. WISDM Product Enquiry Pro for WooCommerce – Add Quotation features to your store
Once you have set up your e-commerce store, there are certain plugins you’d need in order to enhance the customer shopping experience. Let’s say if your customer wants to buy in bulk or if you want to set up a wholesale quote-only store, in that case, the WISDM Product Enquiry Pro plugin can be very useful to connect with your potential customers and send them a special quotation.
The plugin adds a ‘Request a quote’ option to every WooCommerce product page enabling you to get in touch with the customer and address their inquiries with custom quotations.
- Create quotations and talk to prospects
- Effortlessly negotiate prices
- Examine product demands by sorting & filtering inquiries
- Customize the inquiry form without the need of a developer
- Make it easy for even an unwilling customer to ask questions
- Control visibility of inquiry, price and add to cart button
- Allow customers to send single inquiry for multiple products
- Personalize and style inquiry dialog and buttons
- WPML compatible and responsive ready
4. Live Sales Notification – Show Recent Sales Popups to your Visitors
Many people visit a website and leave without buying anything, mostly due to a lack of trust and engagement. Now, you don’t want your customers to abandon your website without making a purchase, right?
The Live Sale Notification plugin for WooCommerce by Beeketing combats this site abandonment issue with recent sales notifications.
The Live Sale Notification helps you set up your brand powerfully on the pillars of confidence and trust compelling your visitors to not leave without making a purchase.
It induces confidence in buyers by displaying the recent sales pop-ups notifying visitors of recently bought items. Once the buyers see that others have purchased from this brand, it encourages your first-time visitors to take their first purchase decision.
Built on the concept of Social Proof, this plugin is exactly what any new WooCommerce dropshipping website needs.
5. Spocket – Find the right suppliers to deliver your product
In order to set up your dropshipping website with WooCommerce, you would need suppliers who are trustworthy and reliable. With the WooCommerce Spocket plugin, you can select from a directory of over a thousand suppliers and you won’t have to look elsewhere.
The Spocket plugin gives you an opportunity to sell beautiful high-quality products in your home country or any other country by adding products to your WooCommerce store with just a click.
Moreover, you can order sample products from your dashboard to test them before you build a lasting business relationship with the suppliers. Doing business with ease is every businessman’s dream. This plugin lets you do that by syncing it with your store and all products appear in your app.
It is quite simple to use as well. All orders that you receive will automatically get redirected to your supplier, thereby making order processing easy. Almost 60% of their suppliers are based in the US or Europe which makes shipping quick and effortless.
By using the Spocket plugin for WooCommerce, you can increase your sales margin as Spocket products are discounted at 30 – 60%. Additionally, you can add your logo and brand to the invoices which will help in building your brand.
Here’s a quick glance at the features:
- Find the right products
- Try the products yourself
- Get faster deliveries
- Ease of sales
- Discounted rates
- Brand building
- Sell with ease
6. WISDM Customer Specific Pricing – Set different prices for your loyal customers
The WISDM Customer Specific Pricing plugin is the best dynamic pricing plugin out there for you to give special discounts to your loyal customers as you setup your dropshipping website.
Built by verified WooCommerce experts, the WISDM Customer Specific Pricing plugin allows you to develop a bond and build loyalty by setting personalized prices for customers, roles and groups. You can create special offers for different categories of products, quantities, offer cart discount rules, and discounts on bulk purchases.
Personalizing the tone with different sets of customers gives a special edge to your WooCommerce store, helping you stand out from the crowd.
With the WISDM Customer Specific Pricing plugin you can:
- Customize prices for every customer
- Increase membership, boost customer satisfaction and offer cost benefits to bulk buyers
- Have product category based pricing
- Create Cart discount rules and pricing tiers for bulk purchases
- Use product & pricing tab, carry out price management
- Personalized cart offer messages
- Have multisite compatibility
- Schedule products by date and time for limited time-bound sales
- Set open-close hours for store
- Customize availability/non-availability messages
- Keep track of interested buyers via notifications
This plugin works exclusively with simple WooCommerce products.
Set up discounted prices for your loyal customers by using the WISDM Customer Specific Pricing plugin and give them a sense of exclusivity.
7. Abandoned Cart for WooCommerce – Recover lost carts and convert them into buyers
The next plugin you need to enhance your dropshipping website is the Abandoned Cart plugin for WooCommerce.
60% of your total website visitors abandon their purchases halfway, due to many reasons like high shipping rate, complicated checkout process, payment methods, etc.
That’s a huge percentage!
These are people who want to buy the things they’ve liked and selected but the items are now just lying in their shopping carts.
Here, an abandoned cart plugin helps you sell these items by sending mail notifications to your visiting and signed in customers and reminding them of their incomplete orders. You can create an email series to be sent out at intervals until you recover the customers.
With the Abandoned Cart plugin, you can design great emails as supports HTML and has a powerful rich text editor. When an order is successfully recovered, an email notification is sent to you so that you can maintain accountability.
You can also capture customers’ emails with pop-up modals at the checkout page, template designs, advanced tracking report, etc. with the Abandoned Cart PRO version.
8. Yotpo Reviews for WooCommerce – Encourage customers to leave reviews on your website
Before making a purchase decision, people usually check the reviews for that particular product as it gives them a sense of security if the reviews are good. Great reviews are going to be great for your newly set-up dropshipping website, and so, are a must for your store.
The Yotpo Reviews for WooCommerce plugin lets you generate reviews and offers other features that help in generating traffic and sales.
Customers are sent a follow-up email after making a purchase, asking them nicely to leave reviews for the product. The Yotpo Reviews plugin helps in converting your potential leads into sales by leveraging customer reviews and ratings.
Features of Yotpo reviews:
- Display reviews in a customizable format
- Import existing reviews
- Send mails to customers after purchase will encourage them to leave reviews
- Allows users to share reviews on social networks (Premium)
- Supports all languages
- Fully customizable
This plugin can be accessed for free! However, for better and advanced functionality you
can opt for the Premium version as it will take your e-commerce store to the next level.
9. Refer A friend for WooCommerce by WPGens – Use referrals to increase sales
If you have a dropshipping website that can grow and thrive by word-of-mouth marketing, then this Refer-a-Friend plugin is a must.
Ask your customers to share product reviews with their friends and relatives to win a coupon or a free gift. The customer gets a unique referral code on his account page when he invites friends to visit your website and if the referees visit your site and make a purchase using the code then he/she can get a reward as well! Win-win, right?
With this plugin, you can set the values for each coupon, define the type of coupon, minimum order, set a coupon expiry date(premium), determine whether the coupon is product specific or not(premium), award coupon to a friend(premium).
It is unique in a way that here you aren’t giving money but coupon codes as rewards to your referrals.
- Shortcodes to place referral codes anywhere on the website
- Contact form 7 shortcode
- Provide coupons for the referred or first purchase or second purchase
- A tab under each product to share the referral link directly
- Referral statistics screen for admin
- Set expiry date for each coupon
- Filters and actions for developers
10. WOOCS – Currency Switcher for WooCommerce
WooCommerce Currency Switcher (WOOCS) is a multi-currency plugin enabling your site visitors to switch products prices currencies from default and view it in their home currency rate, allowing them to pay accordingly. It lets you add any currency for your WooCommerce store.
Now, you can cater to people all over the world in a user-friendly manner using this Currency Switcher plugin that allows you to be more flexible in terms of price conversions and payments making it more convenient for your visitors and giving them a hassle-free shopping experience.
Features of WOOCS Currency Switcher:
- Representation: You can use the Currency Switcher as a widget and for flexibility, you can use the shortcode [woocs] in any place of your website.
- The plugin has ajax shortcode of currency converter and ajax shortcode of currency rates
- Design: Currency Switcher can be graphically represented in 3 different ways –
Drop-down, flags, and side switcher. You can set a flag for each currency.
- Checkout: Enable ‘Is multiple allowed’ feature in the plugin settings which will allow customers to pay in their preferred currency.
- Rates: More than 7 currencies aggregators for automatic rates changing. Admin can be noticed about currency rates changes by email and can set rates manually if required
- Rates auto-update: update currency rates hourly, daily, twice daily, weekly, monthly, every 5 minutes, 15 minutes or disable and set your own currency rates
- Price: set price format according to your needs – decimal count, usual money sign or custom sign. Hide or show cents for each currency optionally. Set your own count of decimals after comma
- Custom money signs: Create and use your own money symbols
Having a multi-currency converter plugin like WooCommerce Currency Switcher lets you have a global audience on your dropshipping store, making it easier to sell even niche products or country-specific items.
The Final Tip to Setup a Dropshipping Website
The dropshipping business is very competitive and for your WooCommerce Dropshipping business to thrive in this environment it is important that you, as owners, identify and use plugins that can boost your sales and help in making the profits you desired.
The above mentioned 10 plugins will help you achieve that along with brand building and trust development.
What is your take on setting up a dropshipping website with WooCommerce? Any tips you would like to share? Drop a comment to let us know!
- What is Dropshipping order?
Dropshipping is an online shopping method where the seller does not keep the products in stock himself. He sets up an online store while the manufacturing and shipping are handled by a third party manufacturer.
- What are the advantages of Dropshipping?
There are many advantages of dropshipping like zero setup cost, no location barriers, lesser business risk due to no capital cost, etc.
- Can you Dropship with WooCommerce?
Yes, with WooCommerce, you can set up a dropshipping store from scratch and have options from setting up payment gateways to integrating different plugins to enhance your store. It is an ideal option for starting a dropshipping website on a budget.
- Is Dropshipping worth it in 2019?
Yes, definitely! Setting up a dropshipping business is the most viable option for earning money if you are prepared to put in time and effort into building a good website and promoting your products properly.