Google Website Translator is a simple and straightforward WordPress translation plugin. It uses Google’s automatic website translation to translate your website into over 100 languages.
You can select the language your website primarily gets displayed in and choose the other languages you want to offer translations in. You also have the option of choosing from 3 style modes to display the language selector on your website
Fast and doesn’t require a lot of memory
Has almost no effect on the page load speed.
Convenient way to get access to Google Translate’s website translator
Since Google stopped providing access to its website translator. This plugin is an easy way to get all the features of Google Translator’s website translator.
Simple and easy to use
The plugin is easy to use and uncomplicated. Easy for even a beginner user to translate their website.
Quick and good support
The support team is good at solving issues and quick to respond
Translations are not always accurate
The plugin uses Google’s automatic translations. Translations appear to be accurate for shorter sentences and words but not so much for longer sentences and paragraphs
I used the plugin for translating my website. I found that shorter sentences and phrases get translated well, but the longer ones don’t. It doesn’t do a good job of translating paragraphs.
Works exactly as it should. The support team is also quick and helpful.
- Use Google Translate to turn your WordPress website into a multilingual website
- Choose from over 100 languages the ones you want to offer on your website
- You can offer all translation into all Google Translate available languages
- Display flags next to the language options
- Display language selector in different formats - tabbed or inline
- Add custom CSS to tailor the display to your website
- Add or hide translation banner
- Prisna, the plugin author company also offers a premium translation plugin called Prisna Translate with more features