*Tring Tring* *Tring Tring*
*This number is currently busy*
*Please hold on while I take down your booking requirements..I’m sorry..could you repeat that?*
Remember the time when booking an event used to be a nightmare for event managers? Phone calls, spreadsheets, RSVPs, postcards, reminders, even more spreadsheets, and whatnot!
Fortunately, we’ve come a long way since then.
Today, a handy booking plugin does all the hard work of inviting, managing and updating people on your WordPress website. All you have to do is set up an event and you’re done!
The question is, which one do you choose?
Well, we’ll be taking a look at some of the top WordPress booking plugins soon, but first, here are the basic features your WordPress booking plugin needs to have:
Basic features of a WordPress Booking plugin
- Get notifications via emails for both the admin and the users
- A calendar – allows your guests to check room availability or for your workers to check their own profile. For e.g: a gym trainer or multiple doctors in one hospital
- Multiple payment options
- Google calendar integrations
- Space for customers to make and edit bookings online
- Mobile-friendly interfaces
- Currency and Language to appeal to global customers
Keep in mind the requirement of these features may vary for different businesses depending on their nature.
Here are some of the Best WordPress appointment booking plugins you can choose from:
1. Booking Calendar for WordPress
Booking Calendar is one of the most popular and easy-to-use booking plugins that allows you to manage appointments and bookings from your WordPress website.
Why get Booking Calendar?
- Easy integration with third-party sites like Google, Airbnb, TripAdvisor, HomeAway, etc. syncs into your booking calendar conveniently.
- Multiple language support – reach out to customers in different countries.
- Time-slot bookings – Receive simple booking for specific time-slots
- Use filters in the Admin panel – Sort and search bookings by different parameters.
- Customize the calendar colors by editing the CSS styles
- Supports a wide range of payment gateways like Stripe, PayPal and more.
2. Bookly – WordPress Online Booking & Scheduling Plugin
Bookly is a scheduling plugin for WordPress that enables you to accept online bookings on your website and automates your reservation system. It is built to help you grow your online sales and enable easy appointments.
Why get Bookly?
- Other than the email notification, you can also send SMS notifications.
- Easy navigation through the admin panel, approve and adjust appointments and automate online scheduling.
- Customize booking form without coding
- Create an unlimited number of staff members allowing each to create his/her unique pricing. E.g: a gym may do this for a group of personal trainers.
- Accept online payments and install add-ons that enhance your website.
3. Amelia – Events & Appointments Booking Calendar
Amelia is a fully automated appointment booking plugin that allows you to provide an enterprise-level smooth booking system to your clients.
The plugin easily integrates with your website and makes managing and maintaining bookings effortless.
Why get Amelia?
- Interactive plugin that helps the clients to pick the right services and employee
- Real-time SMS reminders for customers and employees for canceled appointments
- Full scheduling flexibility – add special days, multiple employees, configure working hours and more
- Configure repeating events like conferences, classes, etc. – provide smooth front end booking interface and comprehensive attendance management in the back end
- Depict business performance(Key Performance Indicators) through graphs and diagrams.
- WooCommerce integration to use their payment gateways and Google calendar synchronization for employees to sync working schedule with their calendar.
4. WP Simple Booking Calendar
WP Simple Booking Calendar is a pretty basic, simple and easy to use booking plugin which gives you complete editing freedom and makes it easier for your clients to check the availability of your services through the calendar.
Why get WP Simple Booking Calendar?
- iCalendar Import and Export – sync the availability of your calendar to sites like Airbnb, Google calendar, etc
- Edit dates and status in bulk with just one click, thereby, saving time and effort
- Get a clear overview by combining multiple calendars into one
- Create your own calendar legend – Apply your own colors, symbols, texts, etc
However, for more complex activities that require booking for hourly slots, creating unlimited staff or sending real-time SMS notifications and more, you can try the other plugins that we’ve mentioned here.
5. BirchPress Scheduler
BirchPress is an independent premium plugin that makes it easy to set up a simple booking platform on your WordPress site. The customization options and impressive features will make your website look amazing.
Why get BirchPress Scheduler?
- Add appointment booking forms on your page and posts via shortcodes allowing your users to check & book appointments online
- Import & Export appointments and availability automatically through calendar(google, iPhone, etc.)syncs
- Inbuilt PayPal for accepting payments
- WooCommerce integration available to support other payment gateways
- Automatic email notifications to clients for upcoming/cancelled appointments
- Quickly build and design your booking form using the built-in form editor
6. WooCommerce Bookings
If you are already using the WooCommerce plugin for your WordPress-powered website, you can use the WooCommerce Bookings extension to enable customers to book reservations, appointments, rentals, etc. works best and is simple enough for a newcomer to use as well.
Note: WooCommerce Bookings is a paid extension for the free WooCommerce plugin.
Why get WooCommerce Bookings?
- Create fixed time slots for a class, appointment or a guided tour and allow customers to choose from the time that suits them the best.
- Fix limits to the number of people who book or give discounts to a certain number of bookings.
- You have full control of accepting/rejecting bookings that come in.
- Show availability in customers’ time zone and integrate with other WooCommerce extensions for more functionalities.
7. Easy Appointments for WordPress
Improve your business with the free Appointment plugin which enables you to manage bookings with ease. You can customize the booking form and create your own custom booking forms easily.
Why get Easy Appointments?
- Add multiple locations, services, and workers easily and create time slots connecting them
- Quick options for creating even the most complex timetable
- Use shortcodes to add an appointment booking form to any page or posts
- Customize the notification emails to send to customers and workers
Which WordPress Booking Plugin is Best for Your Business?
|Booking Plugin||Recommended Businesses|
|Booking Calendar||Caterers, holiday home services, Salons.|
|Bookly||Gym & Fitness, Healthcare, Medicine, Education, Beauty.|
|Amelia||Law consultants, beauty centers, repair centers, private clinics, spa centers, Event management companies.|
|WP Simple Booking Calendar||Lodging facilities, holiday homes, resorts.|
|BirchPress Scheduler||Health & Wellness, Professional Services, Auto & Home services, Daycare centers.|
|WooCommerce Bookings||Travel websites, Consultancies, Coaching classes.|
|Easy Appointments||Lawyers, cleaning services, Mechanics, Doctors, Spa’s|
*The above plugin recommendations are based on our experience. Choices may vary according to the nature of business and personal preference.
While there are plenty of other plugins, the above-mentioned plugins are some of the best WordPress appointment booking plugins available out there that will give your business a neat and clean booking platform along with a professional and a modern outlook.
So, select from any of the above plugins and get working!
Also, let us know which appointment plugin did you use!